Robert Half International Scrum Master in HOUSTON, Texas
Description Duties and responsibilities
• Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, estimation, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, burn down tracking and other Scrum-related meetings.
• Works collaboratively with business, product and technical teams to support development and software delivery.
• Assists the Product Owner and Technical Product Manager in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirements.
• Partners with Product and Technical leadership to assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget.
• Coaches the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum practices at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
• Ensures all the required products are produced and reviewed, including the technical leadership of requirements management, design, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution.
• Lead all key development team meetings and technical/architecture discussions
• Continually identify and implement agile best practices that help team velocity and effectiveness
• Supervising the timely completion of software projects, providing technical expertise and leadership abilities to resolve issues
• Reporting executive summaries of project status as well as significant developments
Qualifications and Soft skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
• 10+ years of experience in project management
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in software development
• 5+ years of leading teams in agile/scrum methodologies
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Good experience in agile software development practices Exceptional organizational skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• PMP and/or Scrum Master certifications
• Strong communications skills – Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• Effective, polished interaction in virtual delivery in 1:1 engagements or presentations
• Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyse problems and develop solutions
• Outstanding partnering capabilities and ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
• Ability to drive product/service improvements in core technical focus area Requirements Certified Scrum Master, DevOps, Microsoft Azure
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.