Robert Half International Security Systems Analyst in Houston, Texas
Description The Security Engineer will work with IT Management to develop and maintain a comprehensive security program. The Infrastructure team owns security technologies and works with other technology teams to ensure that the proper layers of protection are in place and are effective. The candidate will work on cutting edge security technologies to identify and address risks present in the environment. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the security technologies. This position is for a senior level candidate with extensive experience with modern security technologies. Candidate must work well in a team environment, he or she will also be part of the overall support team, and requires outstanding customer service skills both over the phone and in person.
•Systems management with BMC BCM is a plus
•Day to day support of the servers and systems and handling remote support where needed including Active Directory, Citrix, Microsoft SQL, file servers; Exchange 2013; and other applications as needed; limited SQL support
• Responsible to implement, support Security systems such as Webfiters, Rapid7, Spam Filters, Anti-Virus, MDM, DLP, SIEMS etc…
• Design, develop, and implement Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity process, procedures, and infrastructure as it relates to the Information Security Program, well as actively participate in Disaster Recovery exercises
• Work closely and support the Senior Network Analyst and the Application’s team to provide deep security layers around server hardware, software and applications
• Identify and plan preventive maintenance, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, and firmware upgrades
• Working with both end users and all members of the IT staff
• Benchmarks company security practices and recommends best practices to adopt.
• Conducts firewall and IPS policy reviews.
• Develops, monitors, and reports on information security performance metrics (such as threat level, vulnerability level, problem resolution time, etc.).
• Identifies areas of non-compliance and makes recommendations for achieving compliance.
• Monitors traffic and access logs in order to verify compliance.
• Coordinates data destruction and secure disposal of hardware.
• Actively works to reduce risk levels for the organization.
• Keeps updated on IT security regulation changes and new developments in the IT security environment.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Ensures there are no repeat IS security related findings from regulatory and 3rd party exams
• Other duties as assigned
•Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related technical field; or Associate's degree in Computer Science or rleated field plus 2 years relevant work experience
•3+ years of experience directly related to information security
•CISSP, CISM, or CISA certification
•Experience utilizing common framework standards including FIEC, NIST, ISO, HIPPA
•Strong experience supporting and implementing servers and systems including but not limited to Active Directory, Requirements MS SCCM - System Cntr Config Mgr
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.