Robert Half Senior Plant Controller in Houston, Texas
A growing manufacturing company located in Northwest Houston is looking for a Business Unit Controller. The Business Unit Controller will be responsible for financial reporting, consolidations, budgeting, planning and leadership. This position will serve as a liaison between operations, executive leadership, corporate accounting finance and report directly to the CFO.
• Provide guidance and direction to the internal team for improving operational and financial performance.
• Responsible for the entire segment accounting process, reports and analyzes and oversees contractual matters in the business unit.
• Responsible for closing cycles and operating rhythms, reporting, annual budget preparation, controllership fundamentals, and coordinating finance-related activities across functions.
• Assume full responsibility of the accounting function in support of business operations within the Business Unit.
• Manage monthly and quarterly closing, and reporting processes.
• Meets with and collaborates with business unit leaders to ensure monthly and quarterly financials best represent the status of our business. Works with the finance and accounting leads to ensure controls are in place and improve cost tracking and budgeting tools.
• Partner with business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as a champion for cost optimization, productivity, inventory accuracy, and utilization.
• Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, principles.
• Provide Working Capital Management planning and reporting to the business unit including Billing, Collections, Payables and Inventory.
Ideal candidate will have a degree in Accounting, CPA is a plus and 10 plus years of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Standard cost experience is required. Advanced Excel and experience with an ERP are also required.
Compensation is up to 165K plus bonus.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf.
Requirements Standard Cost Accounting, KPI Reporting, Operational Reporting
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.