Robert Half Senior Staff Accountant in Houston, Texas
Robert Half is looking for a Senior Accountant with strong Excel skills to join our Full-Time Engagement Professional team. As a Full-Time Engagement Professional you will be a permanent, full-time employee of Robert Half earning a salary, “Fortune 500” quality benefits, bonuses, and paid vacation/holidays.
As an Robert Half Full-Time Engagement Professional, you will be placed on medium to long-term engagements that will allow you to excel while gaining knowledge of new software, industries and skillsets. When you are between projects you will have access to 8,000+ training courses, Excel CEO Certification, CPE credit opportunities, and various personal and professional development resources. All while continuing to receive your salary! If you enjoy going into new environments and working on special projects, and providing the best service possible, this is the job for you!
Some of the projects that you would work on include:
· System conversions
· Medical/Maternity Leaves
· Annual Audits
· Staff Reductions
· Peak Workload Demands
This is a permanent opportunity for a strong Senior Accountant who has worked in a variety of industries and software. As a Full-Time Engagement Professional the more diverse your background the better! The ideal Senior Accountant should have experience with month end close, journal entries, and financial statement preparation. As a Senior Accountant strong knowledge of general ledger reconciliations is a must. This opportunity offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
· Preparation, analysis and reporting of financials
· Bank Reconciliations and cash management
· Reconciling the sub-ledger to the general ledger
· Analysis of journal entries, accruals, forecast variances
· Supporting full cycle accounting functions including AP and AR
· Month-end, Quarter-end, Year-End closing
· Process improvement and workflow documentation
· Knowledge of fixed asset accounting is a plus
· Additional projects as assigned
This Position requires:
· 5+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant
· Technical knowledge and experience working in large accounting packages including at least one major ERP (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, or JD Edwards)
· Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
· A diverse background and a willingness to learn
· A willingness to adapt to different environments and situations
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.