Robert Half Software Developer in Houston, Texas
A Robert Half has on-going opportunities for a .NET Software Developer.
The .NET Software Developer is responsible for the development (coding) of programs/web services that support a business application. This position will develop highly maintainable software by anticipating future changes and providing code flexibility. The position takes on more complicated development efforts on a project and helps with development of the overall estimates for the programming effort. This position will comprehend all detailed requirements before starting to design or code the solution.
· Develop system architecture design and technical specification using ASP.Net, C#, MVC, .Net 4.5x,
· Works collaboratively with Database Administrator/SQL Developer to ensure proper SQL coding techniques and database design for performance.
· Perform coding to written technical specifications for intermediate to significant complexity of business requirements or problems.
· Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
· Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test cases.
· Manage assignment of programming work on a project.
· Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
· Serves as a technical mentor to junior developers.
· Interacts professionally with all, including co-workers and other healthcare providers.
· Manages version control of all code in Team Foundation Server and setting up TFS projects and classes.
· Responsible for publishing of new code on projects.
· Communicates ideas for improvement to the supervisor.
· Escalates abnormal situations to supervisor, making recommendations for resolution.
· Organizes and manages activities to show consideration of the department as a whole.
2.0 Minimum Requirements
· Minimum of 3-5+ years programming experience in ASP.Net, C#, MVC, .Net 4.5x,
· Excellent solid coding techniques.
· Experience in publishing and maintaining code/services in a cloud hosted environment.
· Experience with Team Foundation Server for version control. Experience in setting up TFS projects and classes.
· Experience with developing the level of effort to design, build, and code, document and unit test so that estimates can be provided to the technical supervisor.
· Experience designing, prototype build, code, document, and unit test solutions for projects.
· Can individually troubleshoot and resolve production system issues.
· Demonstrable Software Development experience
· Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
· Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
· BS in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent job experience.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.