Robert Half Sr. Accountant in Houston, Texas
Description A growing oil field services company located in Northwest Houston is adding a bilingual Mandarin speaking Accountant to their team. The Bilingual Mandarin-Speaking Accountant will play a vital role in managing financial transactions, maintaining accurate records, and providing financial insights to support decision-making. This position requires fluency in both English and Mandarin to effectively communicate with international stakeholders.
• Prepare and analyze financial statements ensuring accuracy and compliance with GAAP
• Develop and implement finance and planning policies for company
• Provide regular reports on Financial performance, highlighting trends, opportunities and potential issues.
• Responsible for preparation and analysis of operating planning and financial budget; Responsible for entity level financial accounting and submission of entity financial reports to CFO and/or finance team.
• Responsible for financial review of all contracts signed with outside parties.
• Maintain the general ledger, recording all financial transactions accurately and in a timely manner.
• Prepare and post journal entries, reconciling accounts and identifying discrepancies.
• Responsible for full cycle bank account management and reconciliation
• Support Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
• Assist with tax preparation and compliance, working closely with external tax advisors.
Ideal candidate will have:
• A degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus.
• Fully bilingual in Mandarin and English
• 3+ years accounting experience
• Experience with financial software and ERP systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must.
Compensation is up to 85K.
This is a hybrid opportunity.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf. Requirements
Bilingual- English/ Mandarin
Bachelors / Honours Degree required
Knowledgeable of ERP systems
Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
Able to manage time well
3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
Ability to prioritize deals and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent, and to thrive in a dynamic, high pressure environment
Familiarity with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
Experience in SOX control execution/documentation
Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
Skillful in analytical, quantitative and social skills
Proficiency in general ledger
Journal entries experience
Comprehensive knowledge of bank reconciliations
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.