Robert Half Sr. Accountant in Houston, Texas
The family office of a major Houston Energy company seeks a dynamic, career motivated individual for an exciting role in the company as a Sr. Accountant! Public Accounting is highly desired for this important position in the company, and you will enjoy a high visibility role, working closely with some of Houston's smartest and most dedicated professionals in the Finance and Accounting arena! Outstanding benefits are offered including generous paid time off, comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement, great work/life balance, and a generous comp package that includes annual bonus! This position is in the office every day, with paid parking, and in a very professional environment. Highly motivated to hire, and will make immediate offers to qualified candidates so apply today to secure this opportunity.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Review vendor invoice payments for accuracy and to ensure correct coding
· Prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
· Process month-end journal entries and facilitate month-end closing process
· Assist in preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements for various entities
· Develop budgets and forecasts; analyze trends, costs, revenues, and financial commitments incurred to predict future cash flows and expenditures
· Assist with investment accounting and reporting, including cash projections, reconciliation of trade activity, interest and dividends, reconciliation of holdings, and review/analysis of income and expenses against budget.
· Create special reports and maintain various supporting schedules
· Complete ad hoc projects as requested
· Compose, type, and edit a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness
· Minimum 5 years accounting experience and familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the accounting field
· Ability to accurately solve problems and exceptional proficiency in data management
· Must be detail oriented with excellent follow-through and initiative
· Strong organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize and complete multiple commitments simultaneously
· Ability to rely on judgment and limited experience to plan and accomplish goals
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, and the family
· Proficiency in the use and application of the following software: Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook); QuickBooks and PowerPoint a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited four-year university.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.