Robert Half International Sr. Accountant in Houston, Texas
For immediate confidential consideration, see Edward Welch Linked In profile for contact information.
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant with growing equipment sales, rentals, and service company! As a Senior Accountant, heavy emphasis will be on month-end close, account reconciliation, and internal and external reporting. In addition, you will own and manage certain team responsibilities such as inventory, ad valorem and equipment taxes, lease accounting, and bank account reconciliation.
The ideal candidate for this position is a proactive, task-oriented and organized individual with a positive attitude and strong analytical and problem solving skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must, as well as a strong understanding of accounting principles. As this person interacts with many levels within the organization, as well as certain suppliers, strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, are essential. Lastly, the ideal candidate will have experience providing support for a medium to large company with international currencies and intercompany accounting.
· Prepare and record journal entries, and research budget-to-actual variances for month-end close
· Analyze and reconcile various general ledger accounts
· Assist in preparation of monthly GAAP statements and other financial reporting
· Compile listing of leases and prepare to bring company to compliance with ASC842
· Manage equipment floor plan liability accounts, effectively communicate with vendors, schedule payments, and meet all reporting requirements
· Prepare and file monthly heavy equipment tax returns, and report annual declarations
· Responsible for medical account reconciliation, analysis and reporting
· Maintain ad valorem tax schedules and process all property tax invoices
· Assist in filing state sales tax returns, and aide in routine state sales tax audits
· Maintain state business licenses by filing renewals and annual reports
· Assist in annual financial statement audit, prepare audit schedules, and provide audit request support
· Reconcile all bank statement and follow-up on all reconciling items
· Assist in training of department personnel, and handle departmental responsibilities in the absence of supervisor
· Maintain fixed assets sub-ledgers and construction in progress accounts, and record monthly depreciation, transfers, and disposals
· Responsible for creation and distribution of affiliate and insurance invoices
Bachelor's degree in Accounting requires, CPA a plus, combined with 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, must have experience with inventory, lease accounting, intercompany accounting, foreign currency experience is a plus.
General ledger experience
Monthly Sales Tax experience
Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
Advanced Excel skills are a must. Experience with JD Edwards and/ or SAGE Fixed Assets is a plus!
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.