Robert Half Sr. Accountant in Houston, Texas
A manufacturing company located in the energy corridor is adding an Accountant to their team!
• Assist Controller with Inventory monthly close activities and preparation of monthly financial statements
• Responsible for the maintenance of the capital assets system - track and monitor company’s physical assets
• Corporate liaison with Project Managers for timely reporting of asset capitalization and asset disposal
• Lead in the preparation, reconciliation and reporting of capital expenditures
• Compile property tax information for annual property tax returns and coordinate annual rendition filings
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all corporate accounts
• Submit timely tax filings for all state Sales and Use Tax
• Perform month end closing activities including assigned journal entries and inventory schedules
• Complete monthly inventory procedures for cost roll up and revaluation of raw materials and finished goods
• Prepare valuation reports for all inventories and reconcile to the general ledger for month end closing
• Analyze and reconcile all Plant, Property & Equipment and related depreciation general ledger accounts (ensure that fixed asset sub-ledger ties to the general ledger each month)
• Support quarterly and year-end audit activities and interact with outside auditors as required
Ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor‘s degree in Accounting
• 3+ years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment- Fixed Assets and Sales and use Tax are required
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with computerized, integrated accounting systems (Microsoft D365 or Great Plains preferred)
Compensation is up to 80K plus bonus
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf.
Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
Ability to handle multiple projects within strict deadlines
Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
5+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
Expertise in sales and use tax
Strong familiarity with general ledger
Solid understanding of Fixed Asset Accounting
Must have excellent time management skills
Proficient in ERP systems
Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.