Robert Half Sr. Accountant in Houston, Texas
A well-respected firm in the Construction/Contractor field is working with Robert Half to find a Senior Accountant with previous accounting experience. You will be responsible for preparing and consolidating financial statements, analyzing and reconciling accounts, analyzing cash flow, creating budgets and forecasts, preparing audits, and managing internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. Candidates will need excellent analytical skills and an ability to keep up in a fast-paced workspace. This Senior Accountant role is located in Houston, Texas. The company offers a strong compensation package, benefits, and the opportunity for growth.
· Accountable for the financial implications of the set up and maintenance of projects in the business system in accordance with accounting policies, pricing schedules, customer details, payment plans, invoicing calendars, and multicurrency billing.
· Interprets contract terms and conditions and ensures that the commercial terms are built into the project set ups to maximize profitability.
· Ensures that projects are financially closed once work completed and working capital collected
· Works with Billing Coordinators to ensure an invoicing plan is in plan to maximize DSO for projects.
· Reviews DSO reports and assists in the development of corrective action plans.
· Works directly with Billing Coordinators and/or customers to ensure invoices have been received, approved, and actioned.
· Provides regular invoice status updates to Project Managers.
· Provide input into the cash forecast to ensure accuracy and appropriate challenge to expedite cash collection.
· Reviews WIP/ AR reports with Project Managers to ensure
Day to day finance business partner to the project management team and representative of Finance function to them
Identifies areas of potential project gross margin improvement; ensures accurate recovery of all costs as defined in the contract and ensures non-billable costs are minimized.
· Engineering and construction project knowledge
· Consulting projects/processes knowledge a plus
· Technical and analytical accounting skills
· Understanding of GAAP and IFRS
· Maintains the highest professional ethics and standards
· Project size, complexity, and/or risk increases with each level in the Project Accounting roles
· Undergraduate degree in accounting or relevant undergraduate degree with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a project accounting or project billing function
· CPA designation
· Familiar with ERP and BI environments, specifically Oracle and Hyperion a plus
· Advanced Excel skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.