Robert Half Sr. Financial Analyst in Houston, Texas
Description A non-profit school located in Southwest Houston is adding a Senior FP& A Analyst to their team.
The Senior FP& A Analyst is responsible for performing various budget analyses and forecasting to ensure that the organization makes wise financial decisions and uses funding appropriately, flagging discrepancies for the Managing Director of FP& A. The Analyst will play a major role in developing budgets, supporting FP& A process implementation, and serving as the gatekeeper for the financial software.
• Have advanced analytical ability to independently perform detailed variance analysis; the Senior FP& A Analyst must be able to zoom into the details and zoom out to see the overall impact to the organization.
• Provide the needed financial reports for the financial compliance team
• Perform ad-hoc financial analysis focused on current and future year budgets, as well as assist other Analysts on their respective ad-hoc analysis; these projects will be time-sensitive and require quick turnarounds so that the regional leadership team can make decisions
• Participate in the development and maintenance of the budget process which will be reviewed and revised every 6 months
• Work with budget owners to provide ongoing data analysis, variance updates, and projections, ensuring appropriate monitoring and controls, while supporting prudent budget decisions
• Assist in the monthly/quarterly/annual reviews and analyses of financial reports for accuracy and budget variance.
Ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
• Minimum of five years of work experience in a fast-paced, high stress environment
• Ability to work independently, with minimal ongoing assistance
• Advanced self-initiative and time management skills, with the ability to complete multiple financial analysis projects in a short and compressed time window
• Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
• Positive and professional demeanor, with high level of self-confidence
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and strong PowerPoint skills
Compensation is up to 80K, plus bonus. For confidential consideration please forward your resume to Karen.amoroso@roberthalf Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, MBA preferred
5+ years' experience with advanced financial analysis, planning and budget controls required
Expert proficiency with financial reporting tools
Excellent presentation skills
Budget forecasting experience preferred
Monthly Variance Analysis experience
Annual Budget experience desired
- Aptitude to simplify complex problems and build solutions
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.