Robert Half Staff Accountant in Houston, Texas
Description A growing distribution company is currently seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Entry Level Accountant to join our team in Northwest Houston.
• Assist in processing accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
• Assist in maintaining the general ledger and ensuring that all transactions are properly recorded
• Assist in the month-end and year-end close process
• Assist with account reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies
• Ensure compliance with accounting principles, practices, and procedures
• Participate in special projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices
• Intermediate in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Compensation is up to 55K.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf. Requirements - Solid understanding of bank reconciliations
Sales tax experience preferred
1+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
Accomplished in analytical, quantitative and social skills
Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
Competent with spreadsheets and databases
Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Current and relevant ERP system experience
Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Vow to meet business deadlines
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.