Robert Half International Systems Engineer in Houston, Texas
Robert Half is seeking a talented Cloud Engineer with experience in Serverless Environments. This candidate will be responsible for designing, managing, and configuring all aspects of Azure with a focus on Azure AD, Azure SQL, Azure Function apps, and Azure logic apps.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Manage, develop, deliver, and document the infrastructure designs for a broad scope of projects working closely with the solution architects, developers, business analysts and chief architect.
• This is a design and implementation role as Azure services will need to be designed, created, configured, documented, and transitioned into support.
• Able to build, configure and maintain Azure virtualized servers and services.
• Own the disaster recovery design and processes, including externally and internally held systems.
• Work with domain solution architects and enterprise architects to share and collaborate on infrastructure design and decisions.
• Detailed design based on functional and technical requirement specifications, taking account of data, security, and access.
• Outline baseline target infrastructure designs in coordination with Enterprise architecture for all online solutions and digital products.
• Input into cloud migration planning and the planning of transition design where necessary.
• Conduct, own and deliver infrastructure assessment reviews, solution design documents.
• To actively contribute to refining the design repository to ensure up to date and relevant documentation is available and accessible to stakeholders.
• Retro-actively capture solution designs for existing Azure Subscriptions.
• Participate in Azure redesign conversations, moving from Subscription based segregation to utilizing resource groups/vnets to segregate and secure environment.
• Ability to provide usage reporting, service monitoring, and cost optimization recommendations to upper management.
• Recommend solutions both from Azure and AWS to solve business issues and provide automation for regular business and IT processes.
Knowledge and Experience
• Proven background as an Azure Infrastructure, producing documents suitable for agile delivery.
• Experience in design, implementation, and configuring Azure services including: Virtual Machines, PowerBI, Azure SQL, Data Lakes, Data Analytics, Redis cache, Azure functions, and logic apps.
• Experience integrating Azure services into Azure AD.
• High level of experience of working in different business verticals with particular emphasis on digital subscription and SaaS providers.
• Skilled in understanding and interpreting business needs and requirements into designs.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• Ability to demonstrate background as a technical lead on projects with strong communication of infrastructure design options to stakeholders.
• Experience in managing and mitigating technical risks and issues.
• Experience of API architecture preferably using Azure API Manager Platform.
• Good knowledge of Application Integration, ESB, and Microservice design.
• Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
• Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
• Proven ability to work well with others, collaborative.
• Track record of delivering detailed technical design and working with developers from different SCRUM teams.
• Knowledge of commonly used design patterns.
• Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• A solid understanding of highly available and high-performance architectures
• Experience of deploying to cloud environments, use of scripting such as Puppet and use of Docker images.
• Experience with infrastructure as Code and use of ARM templates or equivalent technologies
• Knowledge of AWS Cloud services
• Knowledge of Azure Security Centre, Azure Monitor and Azure Bastion
• ETL and API configuration management
• Use of Azure analytics, data cubes and Power BI
• Technical Project Management Experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
• Consultative experience in retro-actively documenting existing cloud services, providing recommendations on cost/service optimization
• Minimum of five years of experience with Azure design and implementation role.
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
• Good understanding of new and emerging technology trends.
• Azure, VMWare or Hyper-V, Application Gateways, Load Balancing, Firewall Configuration, Azure AD, on-prem to Cloud migration, SQL – beneficial.
• Windows Server, Active Directory, Disaster Recovery, IIS, Windows Certificate Services, Fail-Over Clustering, System Centre Configuration Manager.
• DevOps experience is advantageous.
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Houston, TX
Date Posted: January 13, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04130-0011668824
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT