Robert Half Tax Sr. - Corporate in Houston, Texas
We are seeking an experienced Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to join our privately owned company. This role plays a vital role in our company’s financial operations, ensuring compliance with regulations and accuracy in accounting. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of tax, accounting, auditing, and budgeting procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare in-house financial statements monthly
• Balance financial records and check for inaccuracies
• Prepare tax estimates, and ensure that they are filed in a timely manner and that all taxes are paid on time
• Strong knowledge of U.S., federal, state, local level tax
• Stay up to date on tax law changes impacting the company
• Perform regular, detailed internal audits to ensure accuracy in financial documents, expenditures, and investments
• Work with executives and managers to establish budgets
• Make suggestions regarding budgets and other financial decisions
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
• Interpersonal – Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Demonstrate kindness and respect to others while performing the duties that make up this job
• Communication – Strong written and verbal communication skills, inclusive of active listening
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions
• Critical Thinking – Use of logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
• Multi-tasking – Ability to work under pressure, switching back and forth from one task to another with ease and competency
• Detail-oriented – Effectively focus and follow through on details of task to completion
• Self-starter – Possess a strong work ethic and self-motivation
• Time Management – Manage one’s own time and the time of others effectively
• Learning Strategies – Select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things
• Positive and professional attitude
• Deductive Reasoning – The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
• Certified Public Accountant (preferred)
• Proficient in Microsoft, SharePoint, and Teams
• 5+ years’ experience as a CPA or Senior Accountant in a CPA firm
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial procedures
• Understanding the Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP)
• Experience with accounting software
• Advance MS Excel knowledge (familiar with formulas, VLookup, pivot tables)
• Integrity, with ability to handle confidential information
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.