Robert Half Treasury Accountant in Houston, Texas
Description The Treasury Accountant is responsible for the following:
• Ensure the efficient management of company’s bank accounts
• Maintain and manage all financial records, logs, spreadsheets, and registers
• Reconcile bank statements against the GL, and clear accounts assigned
• Monitor the cash position of the company daily by collecting data from locations and updating daily cash-in/cash-out reports
• Check and verify cash transactions; and also investigate and propose possible resolution for any discrepancies, including researching paymentsreceipts on an as needed basis
• Analyze interest and debt and provide relevant information in a report to management
• Verification of bank contacts, account data, payments returned, miscellaneous debit adjustment, etc.
• Review letters from bank, file, research and coordinate with other BUs
• Monthly review of the zero-balance account activity across all BUs
• Run revaluations of foreign currency accounts
• Review of the treasury facility and sweep activities
• Other special projects to assist the management with reporting requirements, this will include non-treasury related general ledger functions
• Accounting degree is required, along with technical Accounting and reporting skills
• Familiarity with GAAP
• Proficiency with Excel, general computer and various systems, Peoplesoft experience advantageous
• 5 year + experience with cash forecasts, treasury duties and ability to work with AP, AR, Planning & Reporting teams
• Experience in multi-currency environments
• Experience working with global cash pool accounts
• Knowledge of bank account set up and change documentation Requirements Cash Reconciliations, Multi-currency
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.