Robert Half Finance Manager in Huntersville, North Carolina
We are seeking a Finance Manager to support the operations team of a growing service based company. The Finance Manager will build long-range operating plans to support business imperatives, develop rolling forecast processes to ensure resources each and every quarter are consumed at maximum effectiveness. You will also help with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process and improved monthly and quarterly reporting. In this role, you will be directly involved in the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks), and be the finance point person working a cross-functional team while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. You will provide variance analysis of bookings, revenues and expenses, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments.
· Seeking a highly flexible individual comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
· Supporting weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment level Bookings and P& L forecasting
· Analyzing performance to date and assessing potential risks and opportunities
· Understanding and explaining internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
· Learning and applying econometric and statistical methods to forecasting
· Enabling effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and decision support
· Provide analytical support during New Year readiness/Year End planning cycle
· Drive the strategy and business planning process
· Become embedded within the Marketing and Customer Success organizations. Establish trust and quickly understand the key drivers of the business, economic trends and core metrics
· Work closely with cross functional partners in Accounting, Recruiting, People and Operations to execute against plans
· Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources in the best way possible
· Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
· Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
· BA/BS degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance (MBA preferred)
· 4+ years of experience FPA with full P& L responsibility
· Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
· Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.