Robert Half International Sr. Staff Accountant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Accountemps Salaried Professional Practice is looking for a Sr Staff Accountant to join our RH Indianapolis team of full time permanent loan staff. Work with a variety of clients and diversify your skills and experiences through various financial or accounting related projects. The SPS Practice offers benefits, 401K options, and CTO accrual.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment to support the practices' continued success.
Role & Responsibilities
· Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables primarily in the compensation area (journal entries, reconciliations, reports)
· Prepare monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
· Work with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests.
· Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
· Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and SOX testing with internal and external auditors
· Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
· Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
· Participate in various department-wide initiatives
· Ad-hoc projects as necessary
BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
· 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
· Oracle 11i or higher, or other ERP system experience
· Strong Excel skills required
· Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
· Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
· Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
· Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
· Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
· Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with functional department managers
· Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently
· Hyperion systems – Essbase/Smartview experience a plus
· Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
· Experience in SOX control execution/documentation
· Equipment lease accounting experience
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.