Robert Half International Credit & Collections Manager in Irving, Texas
Irving manufacturing company has contract-to-hire position for a Credit & Collections Manager.
This is a contract-to-fulltime position that requires work to be done onsite.
Credit & Collections Manager
JOB SUMMARY The Credit-Collections Manager is responsible for performing a broad range of customer credit activities in a manner promoting maximum customer sales, while also ensuring maximum collectible receivables. This person will implement Customer Credit procedures, systems and reports to accomplish efficient, accurate and effective results. The Credit-Collections Manager provides excellent customer service to both current and potential customers and will execute customer credit responsibilities in a disciplined, consistent, predictable and professional manner and maintain appropriate confidentialities of customer credit information. This position supervises and manages the credit and collections staff and activities including cash application and administration of customer accounts receivable. The Credit-Collections Manager also approves orders and works closely with sales team to manage the customer relationship and promote profitable sales growth.
• Comply with Safety Policies
• Provide safety leadership in promoting and creating a zero-injury safety culture • Implement the organization's credit policies so that an acceptable level of risk is maintained, repayments are made on time, losses are kept to a minimum, and arrears are economically collected • Process new customer credit applications and verify trade references • Establish credit limits for new and existing customers • Update credit file information on customers in accordance with established policies and procedures • Ensure that company maintains customer documentation to comply with state sales tax laws • Evaluate and review existing customer credit terms and set credit limits that minimize the organization's credit risk but are consistent with company practices • Ensure company policies, procedures and internal controls maintain credit risk within established tolerances and customer accounts are collected in a timely manner • Responsible for assuring the company is following state and federal regulations regarding collection practices • Cultivate relationships with customers regarding their credit and account status
• Manage the organization's most complex, large, or difficult credit accounts to maintain positive customer relations and minimize debts outstanding • Maintain current customer credit files with new or changing information • Approve all pending shipments for customers on hold • Manage past due accounts and proactive collection of accounts as needed • Supervise credit and collections staff - invest time in associate development, set goals, monitor performance and ensure staff is well-equipped to meet and/or exceed job expectations • Communicate effectively and professionally with team members, vendors and customers • Monitor department goals sustaining achievement, identifying gaps between goals and actual performance and taking corrective action as necessary
• Assists with audit requests from external and internal audit teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Familiarity with financial systems and interaction of functional areas such as order entry, shipping, billing, accounts receivable and general ledger in an integrated system. Great Plains, SAP experience is ideal
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Knowledge of management functions (such as personnel and financial management, planning, evaluation)
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
5+ years of experience in functional role
Send resume to email@example.com.
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with a variety of unique interim and long-term project opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/management-resources to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Management Resources. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $50.00 - $55.00 / Hourly
Location: Irving, TX
Date Posted: October 12, 2020
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 04380-9502721750
Staffing Area: Interim Project-Based Financial