Robert Half International Project Manager/Sr. Consultant in Irving, Texas
• Successfully master managing the overall performance and delivery of cross-functional projects from initiation to closure.
• Work with Project Sponsors, functional managers, IT technical analysts and other IT resources to create and manage the scope, goals, schedule and deliverables to complete the project.
• Organizes team goals and agendas and facilitates of the team scrum meetings (daily, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective) where applicable
• Assist project team with defining project tasks and resource requirements.
• Prepare agendas and meeting minutes.
• Schedule meetings accordingly.
• Represent project status through regular status reporting opportunities. Manage status communication with project team, stakeholders, functional managers, and executive team as appropriate.
• Ensure that issues and risks are identified, understood early and dealt with in a manner that mitigates surprises, risk to scope, cost, and schedule.
• Remove impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint and release goals (internal and external to the team), where applicable
• Use project management skills to ensure that cross-functional resources are held accountable for task and outcome completion.
• Manage lessons learned and project closing and ensure impactful lessons learned are embedded in ongoing evolution of the PMO process.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Other assigned duties as needed.
• Self-directed management of work and results
• Flexible in a changing environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to identify risks and vulnerabilities and create contingency plans
• Describe key objectives, phases and deliverables on current projects
• Lead in the design and development of department-wide projects
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, professional presentation, organizational skills and a proactive customer service approach.
• Good interpersonal communication, collaborative team work, and negotiation skills.
• Must be able to work both with a team and independently
• Ability to demonstrate conflict resolution, leadership, adaptability and coordination capabilities
• Ability to influence behavior and facilitate decision making throughout the organization in support of achieving project objectives.
• Ability to work cooperatively at all levels to build and maintain the positive relationships required to accomplish organizational goals.
• This role does not have supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
• B.A. or B.S. degree (emphasis in management or related discipline preferred)
• Minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience with SCRUM/Agile and/ or Traditional project methodologies
• Utilize proper software to maintain project records, such as a PPM system, MS Project, MS Office, SharePoint, or Visio.
• Demonstrated experience in presenting to management and project teams
• Demonstrated track record of leading development efforts through cross-functional teams
• Preferred Skills
• Project Management Certification
• Certified Scrum Master Certification
• Experienced in the delivery of projects in an agile environment
PMP Certification, Agile Scrum, Scrum, ScrumMaster, Status Reports
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $43.54 - $50.41 / Hourly
Location: Irving, TX
Date Posted: January 22, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 04010-0011649454
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT