Robert Half Application Security Engineer in Jacksonville, Florida
This position is responsible for working very closely with software development teams to implement various security controls and DevSecOps practices as part of their development lifecycle; assist in identifying, reviewing, and managing application security vulnerabilities; and provide relevant technical guidance to remediate those vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated experience in working as part of, or very closely with, agile / DevOps teams and a strong knowledge of modern software architecture styles and coding practices.
Daily stand up at 8:45 AM EST that includes offshore & onshore teams to go over what happened yesterday, today's plan, and any impediments that they have. The Application Security Engineers help developers understand the vulnerability to the code and report on vulnerabilities in the application. Building rapport is important - don't want to come in and say to the developers "here are the list of issues with your code." This team wants to be partners with developers to identify issues and getting it fixed. Look at scans, review problems, answer questions.
• Provide technical guidance to application development teams to understand security risk and how to remediate security vulnerabilities in code.
• Collaborate with development teams to create and maintain a Secure-SDLC and ensure that security requirements/controls can be embedded within the software application.
• Conduct manual security code reviews and identify insecure code patterns.
• Assist with onboarding new applications to SAST, IAST, DAST, and SCA tools.
• Monitor scanning tools for new vulnerabilities and review false positives.
• Review and validate resolved security bugs and bring them to closure
• Support current reporting capabilities such as vulnerability status, aging, and heat maps.
• Implement innovative solutions to scale the program with emphasis on automation where applicable.
• Write and maintain automation scripts to support custom integrations with scan tools and reports.
• Respond to out of cycle security review requests.
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with customer / business units.
• Actively participate with the team to identify opportunities for improvement in our vulnerability management program.
• Keep abreast of and provide recommendations on emerging security technologies
Requirements Application Security, Web Application Security, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Vulnerability, Remediation, .NET, C# - Sharp, SQL - Structured Query Language, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CICD), Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CICD) Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.