Robert Half IT Security Specialist in Jacksonville, Florida
The Health Care IT Security Specialist is responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of organization’s data, leveraging an in-depth understanding of cyber security threats, technologies, and countermeasures to ensure secure computer systems. Subject matter expert (SME) on technology security issues across all platforms and across all business units to include networking, applications, Identity and Access Management, Operating systems, Cloud services, Email gateway, Privileged Access Management, Vulnerability management, Database Security, Data Loss Prevention, and Endpoint Security. Safeguards information system assets and data by identifying and solving potential and actual security risks. Research security controls, vulnerabilities, enterprise, and cloud risks, and develops effective strategies and control measures to mitigate all security risks. Reduces security threats by examining infrastructure, devices, processes, procedures and identifying security flaws, threat vectors, and using control analysis to follow up with a prompt solution. This position works directly with the Healthcare I.T Security Manager & Analyst in protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems and data of employees, partners, and patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Receive internal and external access requests
• Work closely with other cybersecurity team members to deploy, operate, and maintain security controls to safeguard organization from disruption and protect patient data
• Perform quarterly Site Security Assessments
• Support security training and awareness program by guiding organizations staff through education, policies & processes
• Working knowledge and understanding of HIPAA, NIST, HITRUST, and HITECH requirements
• Will be responsible for performing and supporting security incident triage on specific incidents to determine scope, urgency, and potential operational impact
• Act as a liaison with vendors and other entities
• Maintain access logs
• Engage with IT team for remediation plans for all risks in the risk register
• Perform ticket management
• Travel as needed
• Team player required: must be able to interact with peers, management, and executives in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals.
· Demonstrated technical proficiency in LDAP, SSO, SAML and MFA technologies
· Experience with Active Directory and service provisioning
Demonstrated skills in verbal communication and listening.
Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers.
Excellent writing skills.
A high level of integrity and trust.
Knowledge of HITRUST, HIPAA, NIST, state and federal guidelines on security, transactions, and security.
Familiarity with health care relevant legislation and standards for the protection of health information and patient security.
· Must be eligible to work in the US without needing sponsorship
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.