Robert Half International Lead DevOps Engineer in Jacksonville, Florida
Robert Half Technology IT Search is actively sourcing for a Lead DevOps Engineer for a growing client in South Jacksonville. This is a direct hire opportunity.This company is growing, has excelloent opportunity for growth professionally and offers excellent benefits and perks.
For immediate consideration for this DevOps opportunity, please email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DevOps Lead will be acting as US lead – in a new global function – to support, manage and maintain core applications platforms which are a critical enabler of the company by acting as a hybrid Application Operations (AppOps) team with responsibility for the efficient running of the application and platform at the nexus of dev/engineering and operations IT teams.
The DevOps Engineer Lead will be responsible for the following:
• US lead of AppOps and small specialised AppOps team as part of new global function.
• Support and Incident Management - taking responsibility for the complete operational platform including middleware, database and cloud/infra platform (in conjunction with infrastructure/operations IT specialists in DBA and infra/SysAdmin teams).
• Monitoring - improved production monitoring.
• Service Level Management - making sure applications are available within service level agreements,
• Release and Change Management - managing the release of applications – acting as the ‘gatekeeper’ to production. Release approval. Release automation.
• Configuration – Infra/Platform – driving continual improvement including infrastructure configuration and management
• Dev support – Build/Testing - improving the dev process by ensuring efficient development platform and tools including automation and process improvement across code dev/merging, build and continuous integration, test automation, packaging and release, source code mgmt. tools and artefact repository.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Application service levels.
• Improved and efficient application platforms.
• Improved development process, efficiency and quality.
• Team performance, development and morale
• People/team management
• Service Delivery Management (relationship/account mgmt.)
• Incident and Problem Mgmt.
• Change Management
• Continuous Integration
• Release automation
• Cloud/Azure platform services
• Application/ Middleware/ Infra Monitoring (tools)
• Mobile application deployment and support
• Messaging/bus mgmt. and other middleware services
• Configuration Mgmt
• Availability and Capacity Mgmt.
• Test Automation tools
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Date Posted: October 17, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01120-0011217128
Staffing Area: Technology