Mainframe Systems Programmer in Jacksonville, Florida
Description Position Summary:
Plans, develops, tests, maintains, and documents computer applications and databases by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Evaluate user requests for new or modified software to determine time required and compatibility with current system capabilities.
• Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify software objectives.
• Read manuals, periodicals, technical reports, and research using other available information to learn ways to develop software that meets user requirements.
• Formulate plan outlining steps required to develop software.
• Prepare flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps software must follow and describe logical operations involved.
• Design user interfaces to accomplish goals of user requests.
• Convert project specifications into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer.
• Utilize commands to run and test software.
• Read computer output, observe user interface, or use diagnostic software to detect syntax or logic errors during software tests and/or production execution.
• Recreate steps taken by user to locate source of problem and modify software to correct errors.
• Analyze, review, and alter software to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
• Write documentation to describe software development, logic, coding, testing, and corrections for both internal use and to comply with auditor requirements.
• Write documentation for users to describe software installation and operating procedures. Assist users to solve software operating problems.
• Train users to use software and provide technical assistance.
• Verify accuracy and performance of software after implementation and correct any problems caused by the implementation.
• Provide 24x7 technical support on a rotational basis following guidelines set by management.
• Responds to helpdesk calls to assist users when needed. Requirements IBM, IBM AS/400, IBM iSeries, IBM Mainframe, IBM - RPG, IBM RPG/400, RPG Free, RPG IV, RPG, RPG - Report Program Generator, SubProcedure, SQL, DB2
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.