Robert Half International Network Administrator in Jacksonville, Florida
The essential responsibilities of a Network Administrator are to assume the responsibility for Information Technology support to all areas of the organization. Maintains computing environment by managing life cycle of systems; system maintenance; installing upgrades and patches; monitoring network performance. Maintains a positive user relationship and work environment by providing technical and hardware support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical assistance and support to users by identifying and resolving problems, researching answers and providing resources. This includes but is not limited to hardware and software problems related to network connectivity, client information systems, Internet, e-mail and other agency systems.
- Work with Network Security Consultants to establish, maintain and continually improve LAN/WAN environment including user account management, security procedures, virus protection and Network performance. Promptly report any and all intrusion and unauthorized access attempts on the computer network to management.
- Maintain LAN/WAN data integrity with daily backups and routine partial restores.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of related servers, PC software and hardware.
- Execute or supervise the execution of daily, weekly, monthly and yearly computer operations.
- Configure, test and install new hardware and software as defined by the Strategic Technology Plan. Maintain up-to-date hardware and software inventory including evaluation of equipment for replacement and ensuring compliance with all applicable software license requirements.
- Create, maintain and deliver reports to management including but not limited to outstanding assignments, firewall, IDS, Internet usage and alert, hardware and software inventory, and open projects.
- Responsible for disaster Recovery Planning and Testing as it relates to the services, software, and hardware and communications equipment within a specific technology discipline.
- Train users on IT policies and procedures, including network security.
- Configuration and maintain all firewalls, VPN?s and Site to Site VPN?s.
- Understand and configure switches including reporting, alerts, trunking, ports, LAN cabling, etc.
- Onboard and Offboard employees as assigned.
- Maintain iNContact and Incident Monitor.
- Understand imaging and implement as such for computer refresh and assignment.
- Familiar with Windows 10 and understanding of user profiles and data.
- General understanding of Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Experience with Office 365
For serious consideration, please email Charles at [email protected]
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of similar or related experience.
- Bachelor?s Degree in related field preferred. Microsoft, Cisco and other Technical Certifications (MCSE, CCNA, Azure for example).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective work relationships.
- Ability to communicate, plan and organize effectively.
- Knowledge of computer operation systems (i.e.7/Windows 10/Server 2008/2012 and Hyper-V).
- Thorough knowledge of computer operating practices and techniques coupled with internal Computer Operation policies and procedures, including: Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Time Management, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888.674.2094 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Date Posted: December 7, 2018
Employment Type: Consulting
Job Reference: 01120-9501656070
Staffing Area: Technology & IT