Robert Half International Senior Accountant in Jacksonville, Florida
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant assists in organizing the full-cycle accounting activities. Prepares accounting and financial reports and ensures accurate accounting systems and record keeping.
· Oversee AP Accountant, including prioritizing and reviewing.
· Performs monthly close
· Reconciling all balance sheet accounts including cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, fixed assets, deferred revenue, sales tax, and accruals on a quarterly basis.
· Prepares monthly financial statements and supporting schedules.
· Prepares and files monthly sales tax return and other compliance activities.
· Performs research and contributes to variance analysis
· Monitors daily cash, completes a daily cash report for owner and controller
· Using cash forecasting, creates and processes weekly disbursement selections for accounts payable.
· Works closely with the controller to develop better processes and further increase our value to the internal customer.
- Prepare schedules and provide documentation for the annual external audit.
· Cross-train with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
· Preparing various ad hoc reports.
· Special projects as assigned.
· Performs other duties as required.
· BA/BS in Accounting.
· 3-5 years’ experience.
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities.
· Attention to Detail
· Microsoft Office Suite experience with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
Experience with cloud ERP software and Manager Plus
Previous experience in a wholesale distribution environment, Logistics or Maritime.
Fixed Asset experience
Intercompany Accounting experience.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.