Robert Half Supply Chain Manager in Jacksonville, Florida
The Buyer / Planner is responsible for demand planning, inventory management, PO placement and the coordination of activities involved with the procurement and acquisition of assigned materials, goods, supplies and services in support of customer’s expectations, production schedules and internal requirements. The Buyer / Planner must also work to ensure that inventory is balanced and E& O is minimized according to company guidelines.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date forecasts for product requirements.
• Manage incoming material flow to ensure fill rate targets are achieved while maintaining focus on excess inventory.
• Use supply chain principles to adjust system settings appropriately to generate the desired output.
• Understand and evaluate suppliers’ processes, capacities and overall business capabilities to identify and implement areas for improvement in cost, quantity, delivery and quality.
• Work within a team structure to achieve company and departmental goals.
• Manage materials savings initiatives in line with overall business objectives.
• Collaborate with customer service, business units and other internal customers to understand activities taking place within the business that will impact demand trends or inventory.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to facilitate the overall operation of the department or company,
• Bachelor’s Degree Minimum
• 1 – 3 years experience in Demand Planning, Sourcing and Procurement environment with experience in the manufacturing or retail support industry preferred.
• Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook
• High level of analytical skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to function comfortably in both tactical and strategic purchasing environments
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.