Robert Half International Systems Administrator in Jacksonville, Florida
Robert Half Technology is actively seeking a Systems Administrator for a 3-6 month contract. This position will sit in Jacksonville, FL and has the potential to hire. This role will start out onsite for training and then go remote. No C2C.
For serious consideration, please call Charles at (904) 997-9960.
Server 2012/2016 Administration/Monitoring/Troubleshooting
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Services, you will be primarily responsible in working closely with our database architects, DevOps experts and systems analysts to develop and implement new solutions to address our evolving performance and efficiency requirements. You will engineer mission-focused IT programs that incorporate both existing infrastructure and new system technologies, and work with senior staff to find the best strategies to meet requirements. We rely on our systems engineering team to build the foundation for expansion, storage, and development as well as a healthy quest for ingenuity. As a senior position the role also requires that you coach and assist other members of the Systems engineering team in the use of internal processes and provide technical leadership and guidance.
• Leads the day-to-day operational support for server, storage, or network infrastructures.
• Builds, patches, tests (check for compatibility issues, conducts QA) and deploys complex systems and platforms
• meeting clients’ needs and specifications.
• Leads in planning and implementing changes to infrastructure with the goal of enhancing performance.
• Performs complex storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations.
• Managing and providing current disk/tape storage usage statistics and providing future projected growth estimates Performs complex software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing.
• Configures security settings or access permissions for groups and individuals.
• Provides technical support (help desk) to users by troubleshooting problems related to network or platform performance.
• Documents complex procedures and troubleshooting procedures related to systems/networks software and hardware.
• Leads the configuration and maintenance of office and/or production software, adjunct support and/or utility software, i.e. Virus malware protection, office application suites and/or application software.
• Works with Business Applications, vendors, consultants, contractors, and IT personnel from other groups.
• Provides technical guidance and assistance to other system/network Engineers and system Administrators
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY
• 2-4 Years of Systems Administration Experience.
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting windows-based environments.
• Solid Storage experience, planning and managing the installation, configuration and tuning of SAN and storage hardware and software. (PURE, Compellent)
• Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
• Solid experience with MS Exchange environments, configuring and maintaining
• Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box, etc.)
• Experience with monitoring systems (e.g., Solar winds, dell management, desktop central)
• Experience with automation software
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts)
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Date Posted: October 16, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01120-9502727998
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT