Robert Half International Systems Administrator in Jacksonville, Florida
Robert Half Technology is actively seeking a Systems Administrator for an onsite opportunity in Jacksonville, FL. This position will not be remote.
For serious consideration, please call Charles at (904) 997-9960.
Top 5 Technical Skills:
Active Directory/Group Policy
Automation Scripting (Nice to have)
The Systems Administration role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Administrator will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under minimal supervision.
Strategy & Planning
• Collaborate with systems staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Monitor and maintain the systems integrity daily while supporting the engineering team with projects and needs.
• Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
• Perform server and systems audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
• Monitor & maintain servers, including database, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
• Troubleshoot system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
• Maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
• Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
• Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
• Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
• Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
• University degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and/or 2-5 years of applicable work experience.
• Proven experience with maintaining systems integrity, troubleshooting best practices, and general systems maintenance best practices.
• Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft core applications and protocols including Active Directory, SCCM, Windows Server Management.
• Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
• Preferred experience includes Microsoft Exchange, Citrix Xen, VMWare, IBM Systems Director, Netapp Storage, SharePoint, Virtual Desktop, MS SQL, Trend Micro, Active Directory, Backup and Recovery and Security.
• Working knowledge of network and Desktop operating systems.
• Competence with testing, flowchart, and data mapping tools and procedures and documentation.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Ansible Automation and PowerShell Scripting a plus
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Date Posted: January 12, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01120-9502816297
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT