Robert Half Purchasing in Jericho, New York
A very stable and growing medical company is seeking a Purchasing Supervisor. This is a stand alone role, but will work closely with the operations and accounting group. The company has a very collaborative environment. The role offers an excellent work life balance, excellent benefits and an opportunity for advancement. The responsibilities include:
• Manage daily inventory balances and develop plans to establish strategic and working inventory balances
• Negotiate competitive pricing and maintain comprehensive database of vendor contracts
• Perform spend analysis by department, product, and service line and report budget variances to management
• Supervise inventory ordering process and team to ensure daily tasks are completed
• Perform periodic audits of inventory balances, resolve issues and report discrepancies to management
• Clearly identify, manage, and communicate project plans and inventory issues to management and cross functional teams on a daily basis
• Evaluate current processes and identify controls to be implemented over receipt and physical movement of inventory
• Train users on inventory management system
• Establish metrics to evaluate inventory process
• Assist with other projects as needed.
2 + years purchasing experience
4 year degree
strong MS office experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.