Robert Half International Payroll Manager in KANSAS CITY, Missouri
• Develop best practice to improve efficiency of payroll processes
• Assist in payroll calculations, deductions, insurance coverage, wage garnishments, tax filings, and child support
• Provide procedural training to departmental personnel
• Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
• Meet payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements
• Prepare special reports and complete other projects as directed
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
• Recruit, select, and train new payroll employees
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies
• Analyze payroll problems and provide appropriate resolutions
• Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow
• Provide backup support in areas of responsibility by performing tasks of subordinates to ensure departmental initiatives are achieved
• Conduct performance reviews for department under the direct supervision of the Controller
• Exercise initiative or, as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization
If interested please contact Max Ralston at 913-451-1733
Full Cycle Payroll
Payroll - 101 - 500 Employees
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.