Robert Half International Sr. Software Engineer in KETTERING, Ohio
Description ESSENTIAL/PRIMARY DUTIES:
•Develop and deploy API solutions using modern DevOps practices and security standards
•Develop the test automation solutions for API testing
•Develop best in class design and architecture blueprints based on evaluation of technical and functional requirements
•Participate in a scrum team as an API engineer
•Evaluate and select tools & technologies
•Coach and mentor a broader IT group on API development
•Establish standards and maintain a department-wide body of knowledge on API engineering
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Computer Science, MIS, IT, or related field is required. Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in IT or related software engineering field is required.
• Master’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
To land this job, you will require the following:
• Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with designing, developing and managing internal and public RESTful APIs using agile methodology in a DevOps environment
• API security engineering, authentication & authorization strategies
• Automated unit and system testing using BDD or TDD, tools such as Postman and frameworks such as Cucumber, Robot framework, or similar
• At least 2 years experience using Cloud technologies such as Azure or similar
• At least 2 years of hands-on experience with C#, Python, Java, Node.js, or other programming languages is required
• RDBMS databases SQL
• Sourcecode management systems such as Git or similar
• Creating and publishing API specifications using YAML, RAML & Swagger
• Working in eastern or central time zone business hours
• An energetic teammate that works to create a positive work environment
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Experience with developing PL/SQL solutions
• NoSQL databases
• Engineering PLM, PDM, QMS, BOM, CAD experience
• Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or similar
• Azure API Management or similar
• CI/CD orchestration tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Maven or similar
• Experience with SpringBoot, Docker and Kubernetes/Openshift
• Experience with load balancers
• Experience in a life sciences/healthcare organization Requirements REST API Design
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.