Robert Half Audit Staff - Public in LAKE FOREST, Illinois
International Company has an opening due to growth at corporate headquarters. The role will be eligible for bonus and promotions.
• Participate in reviews of business processes supporting operational and financial activities
• Perform detail test of controls utilizing the COSO control framework
• Provide assistance to the company’s external auditors by performing reliance testing that supports the Company’s assessment of internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002
• Identify, evaluate and provide recommendations to mitigate risks and improve efficiency
• Document audit results in a neat and organized manner consistent with established department standards
• Perform or assist with special projects / investigations as they arise
• This position requires (30-40%) travel to various Corporation locations within and outside the United States
Job Specifications: Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job.
• Bachelor’s degree required with a major or concentration in accounting, finance and/or business administration, etc.)
• Professional certifications (CPA, CIA, CMA, CFE, CISA) preferred
• One – two years work experience required; experience in public accounting or internal audit required
• Manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
Essential Skills & Competencies
• Ability to work well with people of varying abilities and backgrounds
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform detailed work independently and under pressure
• Flexibility to adapt to changes in schedule, projects and work load
• Good understanding of general business systems, practices, and control techniques
• Working knowledge of the COSO control framework, generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Ability to review and analyze facts and trends to formulate practical recommendations for control deficiencies and improvement opportunities
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access), Visio, ACL and Oracle a plus
• Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus
Requirements SOX - Sarbanes-Oxley, Audit Activities
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.