Robert Half International Sr. Analyst Internal Controls in LAKE FOREST, Illinois
Senior Internal Controls Analyst
Fully Remote this year- Two Days/week in office going forward
The Senior Analyst Internal Controls will be responsible for defining and implementing a leading practice internal control environment and driving a control conscious and compliant organization.
Key Responsibilities - Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Support the full management of internal controls over financial reporting cycle, including annual top-down scoping and risk assessment and establishment of Risk and Controls Matrices, including annual documentation refresh and design evaluation.
• Support the controls remediation program with efficient and effective tracking and reporting of deficiencies through remediation and Internal Audit testing / monitoring.
• Perform self-testing and continuous controls monitoring to help accounting teams mature control operation. This includes coaching, mentoring and training of accounting personnel.
• Collaborate with other mega processes (i.e. OTC, STP, HTR) to assure leading practice internal control over financial reporting (i.e. automated, preventive, continuous controls monitoring environment).
• Work on special projects identified by senior management to find strategic solutions to issues facing a growing international company.
• Develop future-state process flow diagrams and risk-control matrices as part of the Company’s implementation of a Global SAP system.
• Work with the BU/region and Internal Audit
• Participate in Internal Audit process walkthroughs, to act as “knowledge resource” and to gain an understanding of the current processes and controls.
• Assist in the remediation of Segregation of Duties (SOD) matters for the SOX systems.
• Communicate/coordinate with Internal Audit and External Audit
• Identify and share Best Practices among the team and disseminate globally.
Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• 3+ years of Internal Controls experience
• Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
• Must possess a deep technical knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, managers and senior leaders competently and effectively.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Requirements Annual Financial Reporting, External Financial Reports, Financial Reporting, Special Projects, Audit, Audit - Financial
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.