Robert Half Tax Staff - Corporate in Lake Forest, Illinois
Description Tax Accountant
Corporate HQ of national company. This entry level role is open due to promotion.
Tax Accountant Responsibilities
1) Work with outside firms to insure accurate and timely filing of sales and use and property tax returns.
2) Assist with state and local use tax audits. This includes procuring necessary detailed information, managing the audit process, discussions with the auditors, preparation of requested schedules, formation of dispute workpapers and support, post-audit documentation and communicating with various personnel.
3) Review and approval on the proper handling of sales tax exemptions.
4) Oversee maintenance of tax licenses/permits.
5) Research and respond to inquiries and notices from state and local sales and use taxing authorities, vendors, customers, and company personnel.
6) Research and analyze complex sales and use tax issues. Must be able to effectively communicate these findings, both orally and in writing, to various financial and non-financial personnel within the company.
7) Monitor state and local sales and use tax developments, including understanding how these developments affect the company’s operations.
8) As a member of the Tax Department, the Tax Accountant is responsible for knowing and following policies and procedures of the company; for sharing information that would benefit other members of the team; and for finding ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
Bachelor's in Accounting Required Requirements Excel Formulas
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.