Robert Half Purchaser in LAKE OSWEGO, Oregon
Description This position is responsible for performing Procurement daily operations and management of projects as directed by Procurement.
Some duties may include:
• Manage assigned categories for all procurement functions including category strategic/tactical strategy and tasks
• Manage and maintain community-level vendor and account information.
• Follow up with vendors on projects as directed by Procurement.
• Work with reporting systems to extract data, including category spend reports.
• Request quotes, analyze proposals, follow up on delivery and/or service issues in a timely manner. Manage orders, deliveries, and maintain necessary records.
• Work with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment or resolve any invoicing/payment issues.
• Perform RFP/negotiations and supplier management.
• Complete annual Cost savings initiatives and projects for assigned Categories
• Contract negotiations
• 5+ years working in a procurement
• Experience negotiating contracts
• Degree in Supply Chain Management or Business is a plus
• Experience managing multiple projects/RFPs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on customer service
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Time management and organizational skills
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Focus oriented with attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize
• Work well under pressure, with the ability to manage more than one project at a time, while meeting deadlines
• Bring a positive can-do attitude
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word), Adobe
• Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
• Must be able to effectively listen and speak with individuals, groups and teams
• Must have their own transportation
• High school diploma required
• BS/BA degree required Requirements Procurement, Supply Chain Management
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.