Robert Half International Software Release Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Robert Half Technology is excited to assist a joint venture with a major gaming player in their search for a release engineer. As a release engineer you should be familiar wearing multiple hats and working with a combination of onshore/offshore groups. Please apply below to learn more about this opening for a release engineer.
This position will start remote but it is required to be onsite later this year.
Relocation package available for out of state candidates!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create release for new applications
• Install and configure software including Windows, web and mobile applications.
• Upgrade systems with new releases.
• Upgrade and maintain test environments.
• Create documentation for new releases and internal Wiki.
• Review/update user manuals for applications.
• Manage web servers and technology tools.
• Set up accounts and user roles on applications.
• Monitor application and system performance.
• Maintain systems according to requirements.
• Troubleshoot issues and outages.
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant discipline.
• Must be able to obtain and retain any licensing in applicable jurisdictions.
• Proven experience as a software release and deployment administrator or similar role.
• Experience with build tools, databases, networks and patch management.
• Familiarity of basic PC hardware and peripherals.
• Experience software build process for various types of applications.
• Working knowledge of databases and data backup or recovery.
• Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other similar language.
• Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
• Problem-solving mentality.
• Local travel required as needed.
• Certifications (e.g., Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) are a plus.
• Gaming experience preferred.
MCSA, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Automation, Quality Assurance Methodologies, Software Quality Assurance, Microsoft SQL, SQL, Scripting Skills, Scripting Tools, Windows Scripting, Scripting Experience, Scripting, PowerShell, PowerShell Scripting, Web Servers, Application Deployments, System Performance, System Patching, Fortinet Firewalls
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Date Posted: February 17, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03100-0011708126
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT