Robert Half SOX Controls Senior in Las Vegas, Nevada
The primary responsibility of the Sr Analyst – SOX and Control Initiatives is to assist the Senior Manager – SOX and Control Initiatives in facilitating, planning and managing the finance group’s internal control program across several properties, focusing on compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Implement, enhance and assist with the management of the Company’s IT SOX compliance program by continuously defining risks and key controls
Implement AS5 and other control rationalization guidance for both the business process and the general computer control environments
Assist Senior Manager with process documentation, evaluation of processes and systems, process improvement, data analysis, teaming with project implementation teams, and investigations.
Coordinate control self-assessments with process owners and assist them in updating policies and procedures
Coordinate testing with internal and external audit teams
Develop quarterly and annual reporting documentation
Assist the Senior Manager – SOX and Control Initiatives in completing the annual SOX risk assessment and annual reporting requirements
Perform and document walkthroughs and transaction flows of SOX and other business processes for the Company.
Assist in the development of testing plans to assess compliance with SOX requirements
Facilitate contact with process owners, internal and external audit teams, concerning internal control testing
Track and validate internal control issues identified by audit teams, management, and self-assessments
Monitor remediation of internal control issues
Maintain documentation of internal controls across domains (SOX) and assist operations and IT departments in updating policies and procedures
Assist other departments in process and control enhancements, creation of continuous controls monitoring through the use of robotics process automation and through data analytics tools, remediation of audit findings, and various special projects, as needed, within Finance/Accounting and Information Technology.
Safety is an essential function of this job.
Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Kathy Beavers at Robert Half, see contact information on LinkedIn.
· 21 years of age.
· Proof of authorization to work in the United States
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, auditing, business administration, or information technology
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Nevada Gaming Control Board Registration and any other certification or license, as required by law or policy.
· 3+ years of auditing or information technology (IT) internal controls experience required, which must include working with large companies that have a significant number of applications and processes
· Trained in gaming compliance and/or hospitality best practices
· Ability to travel as needed - limited travel to 2-4 weeks a year to Asia
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Visio and Outlook
· Skilled in process documentation and flowcharting
· Basic understanding of information security, operations and change management, the COBIT 2019 framework, and the impact of IT controls on SOX compliance
· Ability to provide solutions to identified problems or process weaknesses
· Resourceful self-starter and problem solver in deploying the organization’s initiatives relating to managing process change, executing internal control implementation, providing ongoing guidance and monitoring to ensure processes and controls are properly designed to maximize effectiveness and efficiency, educating business users responsible for business process, and maintaining compliance with SOX, COSO, COBIT, and other internal control requirements.
· Strong project management skills in coordinating activities associated with the SOX program and control testing accomplished by the LVSC Audit Services Group and external audit firm. Strong relationship and inter-personal skills are also necessary in coordinating the requirements of the various process owners, across multiple departments and global jurisdictions, in the SOX program.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
· Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Nice to Have:
· Graduate degree in business or professional certification(s) related to internal controls (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.) preferred (or actively working towards it)
· Experience working in the gaming / integrated resort industry preferred
· Proficient in the use of a SOX GRC management tool (Wdesk, AuditBoard, etc..) preferred
· Big 4 background is preferred and client is OK if candidate is coming straight out of Public Accounting with at least 2 years of Big 4 experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.