Robert Half International Sr. Payroll Administrator in Las Vegas, Nevada
Robert Half is seeking a Payroll Manager to support the in-house Payroll department for a growing company. This is a challenging position that is best suited for a self-starter looking to further their career path. The Payroll Manager would be able to effectively communicate with both the internal team and outside customers. The Payroll Managers daily functions may consist of data entry, reconciliation of timecards, paycheck distribution and providing statements to various departments. Other duties will include oversight of a Payroll Clerk, ensuring all policies & procedures are in place, payroll taxes and compliance. What you get to do every day - Build a system of administering and distributing reports - Manage communications with employees on timesheet approvals - Configure custom reports - Administer instruction/training to employees regarding the use of payroll-related systems including entry of timesheets, online access of pay statements, etc. - Data entry into spreadsheets and the payroll system - Perform basic clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc - Collect and enter data into spreadsheets and the payroll system
• Develop and perform systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third party payments)
• Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
• Oversee and perform the processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
• Understand and ensure compliance with relevant laws (ERISA, FLSA, Section 125, ACA, etc. ) and internal policies
• Mentor and coach payroll clerks and assistants
• Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
• Maintain accurate records, prepare reports and resolve inaccuracies (taxes, unemployment, etc.
• Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions in a courteous and timely manner
• Collaborate with, CPA and Human Resources (HR)
• Seeks to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional groups.
• Proven experience as a senior payroll administrator or similar role
• Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
• Excellent understanding of multi-state payroll and taxes
• Experience and understanding of multiple collective bargaining wage and hour rules.
• Familiarity with payroll software (Sage and Insperity)) and MS Office (especially Excel)
• A keen eye for detail
• An analytical mind and good math skills
• Outstanding customer service and communication skills (written and oral)
• Organizational and leadership skills
• BSc/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) is a plus
• Experience with the following: Multi-state Payroll, Payroll - Garnishments, Payroll - In-House, Payroll - Union, Payroll Tax, Insurance Benefits, Time Keeping, Terminations, Mentoring New Hires, New Hire Orientations, Employee Benefits - ERISA, FLSA, Sage 300, Microsoft Excel
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.