Robert Half International Tax Manager - Public in Las Vegas, Nevada
Very stable and growing CPA Firm located in Las Vegas seeks a Tax Manager. Successful candidate will have a minimum of 6+ yrs of public accounting tax experience. Would prefer candidates that have experience with tax planning for businesses and high net worth individuals with an emphasis in the areas of estate and trust taxation. Tax Manager involves research, planning, special projects, and supervising a tax team. Excellent communication skills required. CPA with a Masters in Taxation is strongly preferred. Salary is negotiable depending on experience level. Excellent growth opportunity to get involved with a well-respected firm with high profile clients in a great location. Top quality of life / work life balance here as well.
Essential Responsibilities for Tax Manager role:
• Review and manage the preparation of a broad range of individual, corporate, trust and other entity tax returns, including those with high degrees of complexity
• Supervise staff during assigned projects to ensure firm quality standards are met
• Lead and manage the client relationship with a focus on delivering high-value, quality tax service and advice
• Keep abreast of current trends, issues, laws, and practices in the tax field
• Communicate directly with taxing authorities on behalf of clients
• Prepare and review complex tax planning and projections
• Consult with clients on business and tax related issues
• Participate in networking and business development opportunities
• Participate in staff development initiatives and firm sponsored training
• Mentor associates as they navigate their career paths
Requirements Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA license
• Masters in Taxation a plus
• 6+ years of relevant tax experience in public accounting
• Significant experience in review, research and tax planning, including knowledge of a broad range of tax matters in various industries with an advanced understanding of income tax laws and regulations
• Ability to research and resolve government correspondences and assessments
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic and high integrity
• Working knowledge of tax and accounting software and Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously and complete tasks in a timely manner
• Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.