Robert Half International HR Generalist in LATHAM, New York
OfficeTeam is looking for an HR Generalist for a Growing Company in Latham, NY. The HR Generalist who will be successful in this role will have general knowledge in all aspects of HR, preferably experience with employee benefits and open enrollment.
• Conduct new hire orientation and complete onboarding with all new associates
• Assist new associates with new hire paperwork, benefits overview, and HR/Payroll self-service portal overview. Create and maintain new hire personnel files
• Assist with off boarding process for separations including exit interviews, separation paperwork, etc.
• Partner with the Human Resources department and leadership team in areas such as engagement activities, employee relations, investigations, wage & hour compliance, and coaching/development of associates
• Support recruiting/talent management efforts for a variety of positions within the company
• Support the Leave of Absences (LOA) administration by partnering with the Benefits department to ensure compliance with State and Federal guidelines
• Assists with documenting information in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
• Accurately maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records, and assists with compiling data from the HRIS
• Evaluate HR data/information and makes recommendations for improvements within the HR department
• Review policies and procedures periodically for compliance and continual improvement
• Research and resolve payroll discrepancies for associates of all levels
• Assist with the development of trainings and presentations
• Conduct periodic audits of personnel records, I9 records, compensation and data within the HRIS
• Assist in the implementation and administration of new programs, new and/or revised policies/procedures and new company initiatives
• Provide documentation and data analysis for audits and other inter-department requests
• Maintain Human Resources records in compliance with applicable legal requirements
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying abreast on current and new legislation and stays abreast on employment law/regulations as it pertains to the Human Resources department
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements Human Resources (HR) Administration, Full Cycle Recruiting, HRIS - Human Resources Info Systems
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.