Robert Half Accounts Payable Supervisor/Manager in Lemont, Illinois
A Robert Half client located in the northwest suburbs is immediately seeking an Accounts Payable Lead.
Manages accounting functions including all vendor activity, check disbursements, 1099, and tax related matters; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
Responsible for Customer vendor Relations and AP disbursement group.
• Review employee expense reports and assist with processing payments accordingly.
• Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures, and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
• Manages monthly closing of accounts payable and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
• Monitors the “received not invoiced” report for open items where paperwork should have been received.
• Maintain the lease documentation for our facilities and vehicles.
• Monitoring of and reporting on upcoming cash needs.
• Ensure proper information is maintained for audit inquiries and historical purposes.
• Trains and evaluates employees while addressing performance issues and making recommendations for personnel actions.
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Accounts Payable (AP)REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
• 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
• Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to balance and prioritize workload.
• Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional math skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, email and advanced excel skills.
• Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A proactive, creative, honest and self-reliant personality, critical thinking, pragmatic & strong project management skills
• Flexibility in schedule; ability to perform duties as assigned.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.