Robert Half International Cost Accountant in Lincoln, Nebraska
Robert Half is looking for a driven, growth-oriented individual for a Cost Accountant position opening with a highly profitable and stable Manufacturing, Distribution, and Service organization in Lincoln, NE. They have unique service offerings within the industry and have grown significantly over the last 5-10 years. This role would handle a wide range of responsibilities across the board and would be involved in the higher level functions not just in Cost Accounting, but overall GAAP reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and Senior Leadership meetings and guidance. This is a full time opportunity.
This position would offer a full time salary in the range of $70-90k, and would offer a discretionary bonus, a profit sharing contribution, and a 401k match as well.
• Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
• Collect cost information, develop, and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and record organization.
• Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
• Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine effects on costs.
• Determine fixed costs.
• Plan and record variable costs.
• Assist in developing budgets for the company and each department.
• Prepare budget reports.
• Analyze and report profit margins.
• Prepare (monthly, quarterly, and annual) cost forecasts.
• Prepare (monthly, quarterly, and annual) cashflow forecasts.
• Assist in month-end and year end closing.
• Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• 3-5+ years of progressive GAAP Accounting experience at a minimum
• Experience implementing and working in an ERP a plus
• Cost accounting in a manufacturing environment a plus.
• Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
• CPA or MBA preferred if less work experience overall or no Cost Accounting experience
• Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular. (familiarity with VLOOKUPS and pivot tables)
• High attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills.
• Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent report-writing, communication, and IT skills.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.