Robert Half International Payroll Administrator in LISLE, Illinois
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for a Payroll Specialist for a client in the western suburbs. The Payroll Specialist will report to the Manager of Accounts Payable and Payroll. The Payroll Specialist will work heavily with payroll (75%) and process some AP invoices (25%) as detailed below.
A successful candidate will be self-starter and be proficient in UltiPro or similar payroll system. AP experience in an ERP system (Oracle) is a plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform designated daily payroll department operations
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and meet processing deadlines
• Analyze and process payroll data for salaried and hourly workforce, including union payrolls
• Review new hire data and ensure tax and direct deposit information is accurate and complete
• Audit PTO balances to ensure final vacation payouts are accurate for terminated employees
• Reconcile payroll register calculations prior to transmission
• Obtain approvals and maintain payroll documentation per SOX requirements
• Process off cycle payrolls following designated approval requirements
• Process multi-state payroll taxation and garnishments in accordance with state laws
• Assist communicating tax notifications to third party tax services provider and resolve issues
• Assist with year-end W2 balancing and reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
• Interact routinely with payroll team, HR and benefits departments to resolve issues
• Research and email appropriate audience of issues
• Accurately process invoices in the Oracle Cloud system
• Interact with vendors or plant personnel regarding payment or material issues
• Participate in quarterly Oracle testing events
• Recommend and assist in implementation of accounting and processing improvements
• Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, oral and written
• Strong excel skills, including vlookup and pivot tables
• Ability to research new issues and make recommendations to the payroll team
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science in business related field is preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years relevant multi-state Payroll experience and AP Experience
• Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications required
• Experience with UltiPro or similar payroll system
• Cognos Analytics or other payroll reporting experience a plus
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices and federal and state regulations
• Strong work ethic and team player
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
Multi-state Payroll, Payroll - Over 500 Employees, UltiPro
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $44,000.00 - $65,000.00 / Yearly
Location: LISLE, IL
Date Posted: September 28, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01380-0011572462
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance