Robert Half International Payroll Administrator in LISLE, Illinois
Description Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for a Payroll Specialist for a client in the western suburbs. The Payroll Specialist will report to the Manager of Accounts Payable and Payroll. The Payroll Specialist will work heavily with payroll (75%) and process some AP invoices (25%) as detailed below.
A successful candidate will be self-starter and be proficient in UltiPro or similar payroll system. AP experience in an ERP system (Oracle) is a plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform designated daily payroll department operations
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and meet processing deadlines
• Analyze and process payroll data for salaried and hourly workforce, including union payrolls
• Review new hire data and ensure tax and direct deposit information is accurate and complete
• Audit PTO balances to ensure final vacation payouts are accurate for terminated employees
• Reconcile payroll register calculations prior to transmission
• Obtain approvals and maintain payroll documentation per SOX requirements
• Process off cycle payrolls following designated approval requirements
• Process multi-state payroll taxation and garnishments in accordance with state laws
• Assist communicating tax notifications to third party tax services provider and resolve issues
• Assist with year-end W2 balancing and reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
• Interact routinely with payroll team, HR and benefits departments to resolve issues
• Research and email appropriate audience of issues
• Accurately process invoices in the Oracle Cloud system
• Interact with vendors or plant personnel regarding payment or material issues
• Participate in quarterly Oracle testing events
• Recommend and assist in implementation of accounting and processing improvements
• Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, oral and written
• Strong excel skills, including vlookup and pivot tables
• Ability to research new issues and make recommendations to the payroll team
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science in business related field is preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years relevant multi-state Payroll experience and AP Experience
• Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications required
• Experience with UltiPro or similar payroll system
• Cognos Analytics or other payroll reporting experience a plus
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices and federal and state regulations
• Strong work ethic and team player
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material Requirements Multi-state Payroll, Payroll - Over 500 Employees, UltiPro
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.