Robert Half International Plant Controller in LIVERMORE, California
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for an achievement-oriented Controller to join a well-respected services company. This is a leadership role with responsibility over a small accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. This company offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package along with strong career growth. We are seeking an individual for this role who is able to motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude; exhibit integrity, reliability, and leadership; and is capable of providing exceptional client services by managing self and others by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also be responsible for key decision making and the ability to challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a part of the leadership team, you will lead the generation of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive; challenge the status quo; and foster creativity throughout your area of responsibility.
Role & Responsibilities
· Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, payroll
· Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
· Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
· Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
· Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
· Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
· Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm wide improvements, as needed
· Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
· Work closely with COO, executive team and partners to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
· BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
· 15+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 5+ years as a Controller preferred
· Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
· Excellent technology, analytical and management experience required
· Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
· Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Program skills
· Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
· Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.