Robert Half International Medical Biller/Collector in Long Beach, California
Are you looking to make a big jump in your career? Are you looking to work for a rewarding organization? A dynamic Medical Center in Long Beach is in the immediate need of an Medical Collections Specialist. The Medical Collector must have insurance knowledge. The Medical Collector will be responsible for AR follow up, appeals, denials, etc. The Medical Collector MUST have 2-3 plus years experience in the field of PPO, HMO, Medicare and Medi-Cal. Oncology is a PLUS.
• Insurance collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
• Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts
• Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
• Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Business Office Department.
• Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
• Calls follow-up with insurance companies to expedite payment.
• Responsible to assign accounts and meet department’s productivity expectation.
• Monitors and/or follow-up accounts by using insurance company’s web-portal and/or make telephone calls to assure timely resolution and accurate reimbursement.
• Contacts the insurance companies to inquire denial reasons to ensure proper resolution is applied.
• Monitors and/or follows-up on accounts with precise documentation and calculations.
Requirements Medical Billing, Medical Collections
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.