Robert Half International Patient Service Representative in Los Altos, California
Robert Half is partnering with renowned clinic to find the perfect Patient Service Representative who enjoys helping others and is passionate about growing their career in the healthcare industry. In this role, you will operate as part of the care team performing a variety of functions such as greeting patients, patient registration, insurance coverage and eligibility verification, scheduling and telephone management
• Provides front desk support and customer service satisfaction to patients in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with performance standards
• Ensures patients have been greeted, verified and have been checked in for their appointment
• Responds to requests from patients, family members, physicians and staff members within a timely matter
• Offers additional assistance and communicate to staff if special needs are required for a patient, such as wheelchair access, interpreter, service animal or other special needs
• Provides and explains applicable waivers, paperwork, signatures needed for appointment
• Scans copy of patient's photo ID, insurance card and/or waiver when needed
• Schedules, registers and monitors patient appointments and information
• Verifies and updates existing patient accounts and notifies patient of any changes with their current account or co-pays.
• Accurately schedules, cancels, reschedules and confirms appointments at the time of request
• Determines type of appointment needed within department guidelines and Advance access
• Identifies accepted insurance plans and those requiring referrals
• Monitors the referral report and checks work pools to call patients being referred to the department
• Offers to schedule follow up appointments, if needed
• Responds to incoming calls from patients, family members, physicians and other staff members.
• Answers voicemails, callbacks and appointment reminders within a timely manner and within department guidelines
• Follows the commitment to excellence and treats patients, families, visitors and each other with courtesy, dignity, respect and professionalism
• Completes clerical and other front desk support
• Provides orientation and training to new staff as assigned • Performs additional duties which may include floating to other departments and or locations.
Do you love building solid customer relationships? Do you love multi-tasking in a fast paced environment? Then this position may be for you!
Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to details when verifying information and procedures
Required Basic math skills necessary to collect payments and balance cash drawer
Highly desired Bilingual in one other language
Highly desired Experience in a customer service position
Highly desired: 6 Months Graduate of a Medical Receptionist Program
Highly desired Intermediate computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement and data entry skill to enter information into electronic health records - Required Strong customer service skills and professional demeanor - Required
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.