Robert Half International Technical Engineer in Los Altos, California
Robert Half Technology is seeking a Technical Support Engineer for an exciting opportunity with a growing company in the St. Louis area. Our client's customers include some of the largest Fortune 500 companies that demand best in class customer support. This position will be the primary point of contact for dealing with top-class IT administrators.
In this job you will:
• Be the primary point of contact for all support and escalations tickets
• Be intuitive and inventive by providing solutions and workarounds for customers
• Work with Customers, Sales Engineers, Customer Success to report issues to Engineering Team
• Regularly communicate the status update to Customers
• Receive functional, performance, and security issues from Customers and promptly follow-up with Engineering and DevOps
• Self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast-growth environment
• Write technical notes, application notes, case studies, knowledge base entries, and solutions for the Support Portal
• Follow published SLA for turning requests around in a timely manner
• 5+ years of experience in supporting large enterprise customers
• Strong TCP/IP knowledge
• Excellent knowledge and prior experience supporting network security technologies such as Proxies, NG Firewalls, SSL/IPSec, VPN’s, SSO
• Familiarity with DLP and Encryption gateways.
• Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of UNIX/Linux and Windows¬ based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
• Expert in troubleshooting various scenarios and systems by using knowledge of common tools (tcpdump) and protocols (TCP/IP, NTP, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
• Familiarity with cloud apps and services
• Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
• Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Cloud and related new technologies.
• Prior experience working with Zendesk or other support portal tools
• Bachelors or Masters degree
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $28.50 - $33.00 / Hourly
Location: Los Altos, CA
Date Posted: January 13, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 02430-0011664548
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT