Robert Half International Accounts Receivable Manager in Los Angeles, California
Robert Half Management Resources is recruiting for a strong AR Manager who will effectively manage the cash applications and collections functions of the accounts receivables portfolio for our client's Shared Services organization.
The AR Manager will ensure adherence to efficient processes, prompt and accurate reporting, improved A/R administration and collection and excellent customer service (both internally and externally). The AR Manager must have sound financial experience and be well versed in credit and collections best practices (real estate strongly preferred).
The AR Manager will be part of the leadership team on the Accounts Receivable, Shared Services Accounting team and follow internal controls in place to assure accuracy, completeness, validity, rights and obligations as it relates to the responsibilities below.
• Develop, monitor and enhance all internal controls in relation to the cash receipts, applications and collections functions.
• Manage a core group of A/R Specialists and Cash Application Specialists responsible for maintaining the detailed A/R Aging for all tenant accounts, collecting on open invoices and applying cash receipts.
• Drive and report on achievement of performance metrics for A/R Group to the Director, Accounts Receivable, including A/R administration and collections stats and trends.
• Manage efficient and consistently applied dispute resolution and cash collection processes, including effective root cause analysis and resolution.
• Supervise the effective investigation and resolution of issues interfering with the proper application of cash receipts, including inadequate (or missing) information on checks, incorrect set-up of tenants on the system, etc.
• Manage the A/R team (comprised of employees and temps) to ensure accurate and timely completion of standard processes and compliance with relevant standards and audit expectations.
• Develop effective relationships with all relevant internal and external customers to better understand, communicate and appropriately recommend action in light of company/business specific risks.
• Interact with tenants on a portfolio basis to ensure timely and accurate payment of all amounts due.
• Advise on the appropriate management of pending bankruptcies and other collections matters that should be properly escalated (i.e., issues that may impact timely collection of significant receivables).
• Take ownership of legal and debt recovery matters portfolio-wide to ensure maximum collection at minimal expense.
• Make recommendations to the Director, Accounts Receivable regarding the adequacy of the bad debt reserve.
• Work with the AR Director to develop a strong A/R Shared Services organization.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounts receivable/cash applications environment with 3+ years of management experience.
• Real Estate experience strongly preferred
• MBA or CPA desirable.
• Strong analytical, time management, problem solving and general quantitative skills.
• Thorough understanding of accounting controls relating to A/R administration, collection and cash application.
• An ability to continuously evaluate opportunities to implement A/R leading practices to further develop consistent standards.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Proven interest in customer interaction and satisfaction with an ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with customers.
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with remote or on-site jobs for interim and long-term opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $45.00 - $55.00 / Hourly
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Date Posted: February 18, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00320-0011711046
Staffing Area: Interim Project-Based Financial