Robert Half Payroll Clerk in Los Angeles, California
Robert Half has partnered with a nonprofit healthcare organization in Los Angeles in effort to find a Payroll Specialist! This position is primarily responsible for performing payroll related functions including, but not limited to, entering new employees into payroll system, processing salary changes, entering employee deductions, and funding allocations. Processes employee timesheets and submits payroll. A successful candidate must have experience using Paycom, with 3 + years experience in payroll administration.
This position is ONSITE, with hours Monday - Friday, 8 - 5 pm.
· Enter new hires into payroll system prior to onboarding.
· Update payroll records including salary changes, payroll deductions, benefit plan and retirement deductions, funding allocations, and other payroll related transactions.
· Review employee timesheets, verifying employee and supervisor approvals.
· Process payroll in payroll system.
· Maintain garnishment records and prepare remittances.
· Distribute payroll checks to staff who are not on direct deposit.
· Prepare manual payroll checks as required, including checks for terminating employees.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 3+ years of payroll administration experience using an electronic payroll system required.
• Experience processing payroll through Paycom required.
• Knowledge of payroll regulations including overtime, garnishment withholding and remittances, and terminations.
• Proficient in use of MS Excel and Word.
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.